List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] How to use the LDAP?
From:       Duncan Hill <duncanh () rednetworks ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-05-30 6:50:41

On Thursday 29 May 2003 22:24, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 02:58:33PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> > Hi!
>
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> We have two kinds of ldap support in kaddressbook. The first (the one you
> have configured) can be accessed via the search icon in the toolbar.
> With this dialog you can search for special contacts on the ldap server
> and add a _copy_ to your local address book.
>
> The second kind can be used by configuring a ldap resource with
> KControl->KDE Components->Address Book. There you can create and
> activate one.

I've noticed a distinct other difference between these two modes - the first
doesn't let me choose authenticated LDAP.  The LDAP server here won't give
you any information unless you auth to it (and working out the AD userid was
fun).  This means I have to use the other form (which I don't mind), but it
is an inconsistency.

Though, doesn't really matter for me right now - neither mode works at all,
despite being able to connect and issue a query.  I posted details earlier,
but no one seems interested :(