List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [KAddressBook] LDAP Resource on 3.1
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-05-22 21:21:07

On Thursday 22 May 2003 1:48 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 09:20:56AM -0400, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 May 2003 4:28 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > > What version do you use? 3.1.1 had some problems with anonymous
> > > logins, because it doesn't bind before searching for data.
> >
> > 3.1.0.  :-(  I'll upgrade to 3.1.2 and try it there.
>
> It's not fixed in 3.1.2, but in CVS HEAD.

Will there be a 3.1.3 and would this fixing this be considered?  I
would happily backport the fix if the answer is yes to these
questions.

Based on my reading of kdelibs/kabc/plugins/ldap/resourceldap.cpp even
a valid user/pass does not work, not just anonymous.

(1) if i enter the user name but no password, i get this error:
Unable to bind to server 'extranet.kompas-media.nl'
(output from ResourceLDAP::open).

(2) if i enter the password for this user, i get this error:
kaddressbook: ERROR: Unable to search on server
'extranet.kompas-media.nl'
kaddressbook: ERROR: Unable to load resource 'kde-media'
(output from ResourceLDAP::load).

So, the bind succeeds in the open but the load fails.

Hopefully, I am missing something here.  Is anyone using an LDAP
Resource with KAddressBook and KDE 3.1?

Mark