List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [KAddressBook] LDAP Resource on 3.1
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-21 22:19:13

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 02:57:01PM -0400, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
Hi Mark,

> When I set up an LDAP address book using the "Configure KAddressBook"
> dialog, it works perfectly.
>
> If I set up the same LDAP addressbook as a resource in the KDE control
> panel, what is supposed to happen in KAddressBook?
>
> I expected:
>
> (1) the names would show up mixed in with my local address book
>
> (2) I (maybe?!) could add and edit names on the LDAP server.
Exactly... doesn't it?

> I looked through Andreas' 3.1 Feature Guide but couldn't tell how this
> was supposed to work.  Unfortunately, I have never gotten my local
> KDE docs to work, so I can't look there.  :-(
Create a new LDAP resource under KControl->KDE Components->Address Book,
insert the same value like for the ldap search dialog, save the settings
and restart kaddressbook. Now all entries from the ldap server should
appear in the address book for editing.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Seperate politics from religion and economy!