List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] [KAddressBook] LDAP Resource on 3.1
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-05-21 18:57:01

When I set up an LDAP address book using the "Configure KAddressBook"
dialog, it works perfectly.

If I set up the same LDAP addressbook as a resource in the KDE control
panel, what is supposed to happen in KAddressBook?

I expected:

(1) the names would show up mixed in with my local address book

(2) I (maybe?!) could add and edit names on the LDAP server.

I looked through Andreas' 3.1 Feature Guide but couldn't tell how this
was supposed to work.  Unfortunately, I have never gotten my local
KDE docs to work, so I can't look there.  :-(

Mark