List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Merging libkdepim and libkdenetwork
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-28 7:22:04

On Monday 28 April 2003 03:59, Zack Rusin wrote:

> so what's the census on that? Right now we have knode and kmail linking
> to both. I don't quite see the need for both and merging them both into
> libkdepim seems more than reasonable.

Technically you are definitely right, but we still have the problem of
licenses. libkdepim is LGPL and most of libkdenetwork is GPL. Mixing both in
the same library will be problematic. In my opinion the best solution would
be to change the libkdenetwork license to LGPL, but this is something the
authors of libkdenetwork have to decide.

> I'd suggest to move the files as
> follows:
> -libkdepim
>
>           kpgp - all kpgp files
>
>           kmime - kmime library
>
>           widgets - all widgets not related to the above two
>
>           utilities - all others
> All subdirs produce static libs which get linked into a dynamic
> libkdepim. Comments?

Please don't create additional subdirs. This only adds overhead and gains
nothing. There are not that many files in the two libs.