List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Where to get kresources/resourcefactory.h
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-25 10:47:05

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hmm, it seams to be better if I describe what I want to do:
>
> - test current capabilities of kroupware (korg., kabc, IMAP-Support)
> - test kroupware-enabled kontact
> - test syncronization with my palm.
>
> Since the 3.1 release of kdepim does not meet my needs, I want to test a
> more current version. Thatfore I do not care which version of kdelibs I
> have to use -- as long as I can test the apps while running KDE 3.1.

OK, that's considerably clearer. I have no idea what the kroupware
synchronization with the palm _does_, actually, so you're on your own
there. As for the rest of palm syncing, the only part of KPilot in HEAD
that requires HEAD kdelibs is the address book conduit.

> I already have set up a seperate installation for kdeppim-kontact-0.2.1
> to test kontact while my system is running KDE 3.1. So I do not care to
> put new kdelibs into this seperate installation.

I suppose you mean "do not case if i need to", since "i do not care to"
means something like "i refuse to". I forget whether kontact is a complete
copy of kde-pim or only of parts of it (kmail, kpilot). Again, unless you
need the HEAD features of kaddressbook or the rest of kde-pim (which isn't
apparent from your list above) but you do need HEAD KPilot (not enough
has changed since 3.1.1 release to warrent that, though), I would
suggest getting the mixed checkout I suggested in the previous message.

> Will the kdelibs from HEAD work, even if the main-system is KDE 3.1?

I would be very very careful with that, since the whole way of storing
addresses has changed with the introduction of the resources in HEAD.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE