List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Usability help needed for KPilot
From:       "Reinhold Kainhofer" <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2003-04-21 19:53:36

> On Monday 21 April 2003 17:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> > When do you want to apply the settings done in the embedded conduit
> > configure dialogs? The "OK" and "Cancel" buttons just exit the whole
config
> > dialog, and adding three additional buttons (OK, Apply and Cancel for
the
> > conduit's settings) would look pretty bad to me.
>
> Right. The idea is that this will eventually not be a dialog, but a page
> inside KPilot itself.

So what about "kpilot -c" then? And the "Configure Conduits..." menuitem of
the kpilotDaemon RMB menu?

> See snapshot9.png (same address) for what I had in
> mind.

Would be nice if you could give us read permissions for that file on the
server...

> > Also, we should add a checkbox to enable the automatic backup of all
> > changed databases (and add a list of databases that will be ignored).
>
> Fast sync was supposed to just run conduits, while normal sync is supposed
> backup (sync) all databases anyway.

Ah, I always thought full sync would just ignore the changed flag of records
on the handheld and walk through all records of each database to see if any
has been changed since the last sync (e.g. because the handheld was synced
with a differenc pc since then, so the changed flag was reset then).

How about moving the backup action code to a separate "Backup conduit",
which has its own config dialog (where you can give databases that will be
ignored)? The user then can enable or disable it in the conduit
configuration dialog.
And if the user chooses an explicit backup run in kpilot, we can just use
this conduit (and don't add any other conduit to the syncStack).

Reinhold