List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Usability help needed for KPilot
From:       David Bishop <tech () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2003-04-16 21:40:30

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 03:10 pm, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> While reworking the KPilot conduit selection dialog (again - why didn't
> anybody ever mention QCheckListItem before? It's been around since Qt 3.0
> at least), I ended up with the dialog layout shown at
> http://www.cs.kun.nl/~adridg/snapshot10.png (17k). It's ugly. Things are OK
> without the command buttons (enable all, disable all, configure) and I
> wonder what would be best: (a) ditch them because they don't provide
> additional functionality (you could check all the boxes individually, and
> double-click already does a configure on the selected conduit) or (b)
> shuffle them around till they look sensible. I'd prefer (b), since
> double-click isn't really that intuitive. But then, where should those darn
> buttons go?
>
> [David Bishop, this is your cue again]

I never remember.  Am I supposed to enter from stage left, or stage right?
And is this our can-can number, or does that come later?

Variant of B: Ditch the enable/disable all (Or, if you're *really* attached,
make the button text variable, such that clicking it once will enable all,
and change the text to 'disable all').  Then, move the configure to
underneath the list (left-justified), and move the ok/cancel underneath it as
well (right-justified), to make it all look purty.  My eyeballing it says it
should work.

--
MuMlutlitithtrhreeaadededd s siigngnatatuurere
D.A.Bishop