List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Usability help needed for KPilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-16 21:10:26

While reworking the KPilot conduit selection dialog (again - why didn't
anybody ever mention QCheckListItem before? It's been around since Qt 3.0 at
least), I ended up with the dialog layout shown at
http://www.cs.kun.nl/~adridg/snapshot10.png (17k). It's ugly. Things are OK
without the command buttons (enable all, disable all, configure) and I wonder
what would be best: (a) ditch them because they don't provide additional
functionality (you could check all the boxes individually, and double-click
already does a configure on the selected conduit) or (b) shuffle them around
till they look sensible. I'd prefer (b), since double-click isn't really that
intuitive. But then, where should those darn buttons go?

[David Bishop, this is your cue again]

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
     Key fingerprint = 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE