List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot Question
From:       "C. Hatton Humphrey" <ny5i () adelphia ! net>
Date:       2003-04-13 12:26:59

Hello... new to the list, just installed Linux and am tying to get
KPilot working.  I tried searching for this on the web and  cannot seem
to locate anything... might have been my search terms though.

Problem: When I press the hotsync button on my Palm IIIxe serial cradle
it registers in KPilot, runs to 30% on the sync progress bar and then
gives me the following error: "Unable to read system information from Pilot"

Here's the information from KPilot:
Version: KPilot 4.3.9 (BRANCH)
Version: pilot-link 0.11.7
Version: KDE 3.1.0
Version: Qt 3.1.1

HotSync Log

08:23:56  Trying to open device...
08:23:56  Device link ready.
08:24:39  Unable to read system information from Pilot

I've set up /dev/pilot as a link to /dev/ttyS0 and the permissions are
correct (I think).  It's communitcating with the palm on at least a
rudimentary level because it sees the sync request.

If this isn't where I'm supposed to ask questions, please point me in
the right direction!

Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks!
Hatton Humphrey