List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] birthdays, viewing multiple calendars in colors
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-12 18:53:05

On Thursday 10 April 2003 23:46, h032@ied.com wrote:

>    At the click / unclick of a mouse, I would like to see / unsee
> birthdays.

This will be possible with KOrganizer 3.2. In Korganizer 3.1 there is a
birthday plugin which lets you import birthday from KAddressBook
permanently.

>    Also I would like to say (perhaps via a multi-selection):
>  show such-and-such schedule(events) all at the same time on the
> screen in different colors
>  - so I can perhaps drill-down - by a click or mouse hovering
>
>       show at the same time event types:
>
>  "hockey practice" from calendar1 and
>  "ballet" from  calendar2 and
>  "all" from my current calendar
>
>   so I can see what overlaps where. I.e. I would like to know that I
> cannot schedule a dinner out for the whole family if my daugher has
> ballet rehearsal that evening.

Something like that will be possible in KOrganizer 3.2. In the current
stable versions of KOrganizer you can do show/hide certain events by
setting categories and using filters.

>    So I need to see everybody's schedule in different color, so I can
> see overlaps.

You can do this by assigning categories and configuring different colors
for the categories.