List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Kaddressbook: featurebarwidget
From:       Anders Lund <anders.lund () lund ! tdcadsl ! dk>
Date:       2002-11-29 17:52:28

Hi Tobias,

I wonder if it wouldn't be nice to add show/hide slots to the featurebarwidget
class, that gets called by the view manager when a feature is shown or
hidden.

For example, I'd like to connect/disconnect some signals in those events, and
using QWidget::showEvent()/hideEvent() happens on other occations too (the
window is minimized/deactivated etc).

The alternative is to reimplement show() and hide() in the feature bars, which
I currently do in the category manager.

I have added a ViewManager *viewManager() method to FeatureBarWidget, I assume
that is all right?

The idea is to connect/disconnect all communications between a feature bar and
the view manager/addressbook when the bar is shown/hidden, to avoid CPU waste
and make things nicer.

-anders