List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Use of malloc.h in libical
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-11-29 8:58:08

Moi Cornelius

On Friday 29 November 2002 10:28, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 28 November 2002 21:07, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > As discussed on kde-core-devel last week, there are some
> > occurrences of:
> >
> > #include <malloc.h>
> >
> > in libical.
> >
> > Use of this header is now prohibited in FreeBSD 5.0 (it's been
> > obsoleted for years now), and these should be changed to <stdlib.h>
>
> Could you please also make sure that the original libical gets these
> changes. The code in kdepim/libical is mostlly only a copy. See the
> project homepage at http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeassociation/.

I've mailed them with the changes. Hopefully they will change the
sources upstream.

> > M src/libical/icallangbind.c
> > M src/libical/icalrestriction.c
> > M src/libicalvcal/vcc.y
> > M src/libicalvcal/vobject.c
> >
> > The second of those has confused me, as I've made no changes to
> > that file. Is it auto generated dependent on my other changes, and
> > if so should I also commit that file?
>
> This is a generated file. It shouldn't have been in CVS. I have
> removed it now.

Noted. Should it also be removed from the branch?

I've committed my changes to both HEAD and the 3.1 BRANCH, but not back
into 3.0 BRANCH. Since it is unlikely that FreeBSD would package any
more versions of 3.0, I don't think that's necessary.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."