List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] More printing
From:       Anders Lund <anders.lund () lund ! tdcadsl ! dk>
Date:       2002-11-28 20:03:53

On Thursday 28 November 2002 20:30, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:27:18PM +0100, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Hi Tobias et all,
>
> Hi Anders,
>
> > Just a screenshot of the first page of the printing wizard as it looks
> > here.
>
> Looks good, especially the image :)
> Maybe it confuses the user a bit, but I really like it.

Thank you :-)

I drew the image with sodipodi one night i was really wanting to do something
i didn't use to...

My idear was (and is :) to create images representing saving, looks,
ocnfiguration and other basic concepts in some sort of naive child drawing
like style.

If I can do so, the idear would be to put an image representing the function
of the current page on each page in the wizard, something that is suggestedly
a nice addition to a wizard. They are a hint to the user, + they look nice
and have a calming effect.

My problem in this matter: I am not really an artist, so I work really slow
with drawing tools :-\

> > The image is really a sketch, but I think using side images would be
> > good, given we can agree on them, and produce some that indicates the
> > concept represented by the wizard pages, something that requires a set of
> > images to be used by printing style plugins.
> >
> > For getting started, I'll remove the images however, so that my patch can
> > be merged with tobias' asap.
>
> I would add my 'sort by' groupbox between the image and the QListBox.

Well, that would bread the idear of using a wizard:
	ONLY ONE ACTION/CONCEPT PR PAGE

I think sorting should go on a seperate page, and even the functionality could
nicely be provided centrally, it may be handled different by different
styles, for example a table style would probably offer more complex sorting
options than a card style. Some styles could offer grouping etc.

A nice solution could be to have a sort page, but allow styles to hide/replace
it.

-anders