On Thursday 28 November 2002 20:30, Tobias Koenig wrote: > On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:27:18PM +0100, Anders Lund wrote: > > Hi Tobias et all, > > Hi Anders, > > > Just a screenshot of the first page of the printing wizard as it looks > > here. > > Looks good, especially the image :) > Maybe it confuses the user a bit, but I really like it. Thank you :-) I drew the image with sodipodi one night i was really wanting to do something i didn't use to... My idear was (and is :) to create images representing saving, looks, ocnfiguration and other basic concepts in some sort of naive child drawing like style. If I can do so, the idear would be to put an image representing the function of the current page on each page in the wizard, something that is suggestedly a nice addition to a wizard. They are a hint to the user, + they look nice and have a calming effect. My problem in this matter: I am not really an artist, so I work really slow with drawing tools :-\ > > The image is really a sketch, but I think using side images would be > > good, given we can agree on them, and produce some that indicates the > > concept represented by the wizard pages, something that requires a set of > > images to be used by printing style plugins. > > > > For getting started, I'll remove the images however, so that my patch can > > be merged with tobias' asap. > > I would add my 'sort by' groupbox between the image and the QListBox. Well, that would bread the idear of using a wizard: ONLY ONE ACTION/CONCEPT PR PAGE I think sorting should go on a seperate page, and even the functionality could nicely be provided centrally, it may be handled different by different styles, for example a table style would probably offer more complex sorting options than a card style. Some styles could offer grouping etc. A nice solution could be to have a sort page, but allow styles to hide/replace it. -anders _______________________________________________ kde-pim mailing list kde-pim@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim kde-pim home page at http://pim.kde.org/