List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KAddressbook's icon view and formattedName
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-06 15:57:49

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:41:34PM +0100, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 17:52, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Anders,

> > > Just a comment: We should reenable the dynamic display and options
> > > dropdown for the formatted name as the real name/organization is typed
> > > in. That is the main drawback with the new edit dialog.
> >
> > Whats wrong with the current?
> > If you type in a name you can select the formatted name from the combo box.
>
> It isn't automated. I type in a name, and still have to select it for the
> formatted name. Before, it was automatically chosen, and I only had to select
> if I wanted a defferent formatting.
I guess you were not on the list when we discussed it the first time.
The problem was that the code couldn't check if the entered text was written
by the user or by the nameBoxChanged() method in addresseeeditwidget.cpp.
That results in wrong parsing and ugly side effects.
We came to the conclusion that the current implementation is the most
acceptable way.

Ciao,
Tobias
--