List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Where are the libkcal-includes?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-06 8:29:18

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 19:55, Bert Speckels wrote:

> I am developing a little applet with access to the korganizer data. I read
> that I have to use libkcal for that but I am wondering where I (and others
> who want to compile my applet) will find the includes?!
>
> I found the library (libkcal.so) but there is no include-file or -directory
> called "libkcal". Why/Where/Who?

libkcal currently is a library internal to kdepim. The API isn't public yet.
The reason is that it is still in a state of heavy development and the API is
changing from time to time. We are just not ready for releasing libkcal as a
library to the public, which would e.g. require us to consider source and
binary compatibilty issues.

I don't know what your applet does, but if it is something which is generally
useful and you are willing to maintain your app in the KDE CVS, we could
think about including it in kdepim. This would solve the problem with using
libkcal.

Anopther option would be that you include a copy of libkcal in your app.