List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] listviewiterator
Date:       2002-10-31 17:36:35

Hi Scott,

you write in:

* This class is a wrapper around QListViewItemIterator. The primary value
* of this class is that it is a template and uses dynamic_cast. This means
* that it will downcast correctly and can be used where classes derived
* from QListView and QListViewItem are being used. Without this using a
* normal QListViewItemIterator would require a cast throughout client
* code. This just cleans that up a bit.

I mentioned earlier - this is adding an additional level of complexity.
In terms of readability and in terms of debuging.

This is only used in karm and we do only have one listview AFAI can see.
You have one additional indirection and gain (asside from nice code) not
havinig to make a static cast in a few cases where we iterate through a
list?

Is is worth it? Or am I missing something?

IMO this should, if included move in the direction of libraries, be it
kdepim or kdelib.

And an asside - have you seen that there's KListView? Might be a nice
thing to use that - we could do drag and drop of tasks to enable
reordering them or moving subtasks to different branches etc. Just an
idea.

*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch