List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Daily Planning: Creating Events by Drag and Drop from the Todo-list
From:       Ulrich Hoffmann <Ulrich.E.Hoffmann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-10-30 7:30:14

Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org> wrote:

>That's great. This kind of functionality definitively is an improvement
>for KOrganizer.
Hi, I'm happy you liked the patch :-)

> The drag&drop handling has changed a bit since the last release, it now
> uses iCalendar instead of vCalendar, so you should adapt your patch
> based on the code now in the HEAD branch in CVS or the code which will
> be released as 3.1.
Ok, I will go ahead and modify the patch for the latest CVS version. I
probably can
do this over the weekend, we'll see. When 3.1 is settled
it would be great if the patch finds its way into CVS, as you said.

> It would be great, if you could add a section about this feature to the
> KOrganizer manual. It's in kdepim/doc/korganizer/index.docbook. You
> probably should contact the maintainer of the handbook and/or the
> documentation coordinator before spending significant work on it.
Certainly I will describe the feature for the manual. Who is the handbook
maintainer/documentation coordinator?

> Another thing I noticed when looking at your patch: It should be
> "i18n("Work on \"%1.\"").arg(todosummary)" in order to make it
> posssible to provide useful translations in all languages.
Right, I was'nt completely sure, how internationalization actually works.
What
you say makes certainly much more sense.

And yes, I aggree that Martin's todo ideas perfectly complement this patch
and we should have both supported.

Regards,
    Ulrich

--