List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KABC Addresses
From:       Jost Schenck <jost.schenck () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-10-03 12:06:15

> > What if my locale is danish, and I have addresses with country names
in
> other
> > languages?
> That won't work...
> Ok, this solution is not perfect, but the only possible. Or do you want
do
> parse all i18n country strings of all 110 supported languages?
> It also can happen that the user enter 'Gemany' in the combo box, so all
> autoparsing will fail, but that shouldn't be our problem.

Yes, I suppose that's the only solution possible at the moment. I'm not
really happy with it as it's an every-day situation that you receive a
vCard from a business partner with a different locale (ie. the situation
Wolfgang mentioned).

Anyway, for now I'll do it like you proposed.
-Jost.

> Oh an other idea, we could do a time journey back to the year when
RFC2426
> was discussed and request for a ISO code field in the address structure
;)

> Ciao,
> Tobias
> --
> In a world without walls and fences who
> needs Windows and Gates???

NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Günstige DSL- & Modem/ISDN-Tarife!