List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KABC Addresses
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe82 () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2002-10-03 8:05:13

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 11:53:58PM +0200, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Onsdag den 2. oktober 2002 18:19, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 02:22:37AM +0200, Jost Schenck wrote:
> > Hi Jost,

> > That is no problem. The map will be created like this
> >
> > QMap<QString,QString> cMap
> >
> > cMap.insert( i18n("Germany"), "de");
> > cMap.insert( i18n("Tuvalu"), "tv");
> >
> > The translations for all countries already exists so it is no additional
> > work for the i18n guys.
> > You can query a ISO code by cMap[ country ]. (country == "Deutschland")
> > If you create this cMap with a current locale of 'de' that will work fine.
>
> What if my locale is danish, and I have addresses with country names in other
> languages?
That won't work...
Ok, this solution is not perfect, but the only possible. Or do you want do
parse all i18n country strings of all 110 supported languages?
It also can happen that the user enter 'Gemany' in the combo box, so all
autoparsing will fail, but that shouldn't be our problem.

Oh an other idea, we could do a time journey back to the year when RFC2426
was discussed and request for a ISO code field in the address structure ;)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who