List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KAddressBook GUI design issues
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe82 () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2002-10-02 16:30:03

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:55:10AM +0200, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Tirsdag den 1. oktober 2002 23:43, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Anders,

> > It's a bit late for implementing it before the release since it has to be
> > tested. Should the dialog have the same API like the one in the feature
> > bar? Should the code moved to libkabc again?
>
> I'm sorry that I have been abscent [right word?] from the discussion, I
> definately would have objected. Maybe we shouldn't rush, but consider if we
> should have general tools for tools that could be dialogs as well as embedded
> tool views?
That's a good idea, but to late for 3.1. We could add it in 3.2 and move it
maybe move it to kdelibs/kdeui in 4.0.

> > > KHTML might be a bit heavy, but a QTextView could also be very useful to
> > > provide rich-text formatting.
> >
> > Well, QTextBrowser would provide the linkClicked() signal that can be used
> > for opening the email client or web browser.
> > I'd like using QTextBrowser. Together with a cool CSS that would rock.
>
> Problem: QTextEdit so far didn't learn CSS... Considering the improvements
> going on in khtml, maybe it would still be worth a try?
You can use QStyleSheet to change the appearance from QTextBrowser. Since
we'll provide our own 'HTML-Details-Page' settings dialog, we don't have
to use real CSS files.

Ciao,
Tobias
--