List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KAddressBook GUI design issues
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe82 () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2002-10-02 16:24:43

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:47:17AM +0200, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Tirsdag den 1. oktober 2002 23:53, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Anders,

> > > I like editable views too, so there is a discussion to make. Anyway, even
> > > not editable, some views - detail is one of them - needs
> > > selection/copying features.
> >
> > I've nothing against selection/copying functions, but they should also
> > centralized to one place.
>
> Well, /my/ natural behaviour when I see text I want in the clipboard
> somewhere on my screen is grab the mouse and drag the pointer over it,
> especially if the window displaying the text makes me think that I can do so.
I've nothing against selecting/copying text, but editing should be centralized.

> > It should be at a central place and this place is called
> > AddresseeEditorWidget(QuickEdit).
>
> I think we should leave that out of the discussion for now. I do realize that
> it is a complex area, and given the length of my TODO list, and the
> importance of fixing other aspects in KAddressBook, that discussion would be
> better left forgotten for now.
Ok, so could we come to the conclusion, that
	- selecting/copying text is allowed in all views
	- selecting/copying should also be included in the details page
	- editing is only done in QuickEdit (for 3.2)

Is this ok?

Ciao,
Tobias
--