List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Apple iCal & korganizer..
From:       Robert Wittams <robert () wittams ! com>
Date:       2002-09-29 22:49:52

Hi,
I was having a look at apples iCal page:

http://www.apple.com/ical/

it has a few features that would be nice in korganizer  - multiple calenders
merged on the fly, but stored seperately (eg merge in holidays or sports/tv
schedules), colours for categories.

They also have the idea of subscribing to calenders. This is acheived by means
of a url to a iCalender file:

webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/UK32Holidays.ics

the webcal:// is their incredibly clever way of hiding the fact its an http
location.  It might be breaking the Copyrights and Designs Act 1988 (UKs DMCA
- 10 years in advance! ) to tell you this, but it can be accessed as:

http://ical.mac.com/ical/UK32Holidays.ics

anyway, they have a bunch of these files for all kinds of things in their
"iCal library".
I tried to open this one in korganizer. It works, but all the events (one day
holidays) show as two days long. Looking at the file itself, the dates are
one day apart. ie Christmas starts on 2002/12/25, ends on 2002/12/26.
So, the question is which program is correct? Apples iCal seems to make one
day events end on the day after, kOrganizer on the same day, but I don't know
the standards well enough to tell which is broken behaviour.

Anyway, thought I'd let you know. I didn't know whether this should be a bug
report, but if it should be, let me know and I'll file it.

Rob