List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Connecting a Handspring Visor Neo via the USB Cradle.
From:       David Jones <deejay_jones () icecharmer ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-09-18 19:23:26

Adriaan,

Thanks a million for the help you gave me above, you sure know your Linux!

I've been able to get a connection using pilot-xfer across USB1, and
using the command you listed to use with pilot-xfer I've been able to
get my Handspring Visor to connect and the databases on the Visor to be
listed by pilot-xfer under Linux.

Below are the versions of the packages that you asked for along with the
other main packages that I'm trying to use with my Visor.

KPilot 4.3.0b
KDE 3.0.2
pilot-link 0.9.3-207
KOrganizer 3.0
Handspring Visor Neo Palm OS 3.5.2H3.0

The modprobe visor command, do I need to type this in every time, or is
there a way to build it into something so it loads on startup?

Also, I still can't get KPilot to talk to the Visor even when pilot-xfer
connects with no problems. Do you happen to know what I need to do to
get KPilot talking to my Visor so I can use it to sinc with KOrganizer?
And also to connect so I can use KPilot to backup and install
applications onto my Visor?

Any help with this would be appriciated.

Once again, thanks for the help on sorting out the USB connection.

Kind Regards,

Dave