List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Paid programmers in OS software? (was: Re: [Kde-pim] Recurring to-do items for KOrganizer?)
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-17 8:58:55

I wouldn't worry too much about hurting the 'main authors' feelings.
He quit contributing to KDE a few years ago when he ended up getting
a real job to feed his family. I was sad to see him go.

Of course there's the other main author who is still around. Now it's
true he never got paid for the code he generated, and it's true
someone else got paid to add extra functionality to his program,
someone who previously had never made any contributions to KDE. But
the main author actually feels happy just to have other people
contributing good open source code, no matter what their motivations
or rewards were.

Yes I know you were only talking hypothetically, but now come to think
of it, I'm not.

Don.