List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] [RFC]: KDE GroupWare solution
From:       Tim Jansen <tim () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2002-06-17 17:58:57

On Monday 17 June 2002 15:44, Mike Pilone wrote:
> I definately agree with Cornelius that writing a server is beyond the scope
> of KDE, however I think we could get away with using existing servers as
> others have suggested. vCard and iCal would both nicely fit into an LDAP or
> SQL database. Email is just fine on Pop3 or IMAP. It is true that we may

There is another issue, which I am very interested in solving (after 3.1):
network authentication. Especially if you use different servers you need a
unified user database and a secure way to authenticate users over the
network. The obvious solution for this is LDAP+Kerberos, IMHO (see
www.ofb.net/~jheiss/krbldap). Network authentication is also important for
other things, for example krfb (Desktop Sharing) does not make much sense in
larger networks without network authentication.

bye...