List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Addressbook - link to advance contacts ?
From:       Bryan Brunton <bryanbrun () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-13 20:12:31

<<Sorry but I'm really getting annoyed could you get this to an end?
You're qouting out of context  and putting sentences in a complete different
light.>>

Sorry to annoy you but this will go on as long as I want to waste time on it.
I can spend quite amount of time of purposeless discussion; its just as interesting
as purposeful discussion for me.

You are wrong I wasn't quoting out of context.

<< BTW: How is the kde technology (dcop, addressbook ) usable from advance. Can I
use the vimpart for editing emails. Ah forgot Advance is multi platform and
kde isn't. hopefully I can use a kmail part from advance....>>

Currently the only use of KMail from the kde build of Advance is spawning
the KMail mail dialog from the Advance contact dialog.  This is quite easy
because someone decided to implement invokeMailer so that potentially you
can use something besides KMail if you want.  Unfortunately, there is no
invokeAddressbook, so its impossible to so easily use anything besides
KAddressBook.

<< Ask waldo to create an advance-kde interaction mailing list and see what
happens or supply patches acceptable to KMail developers>>

I'm not interested in an advance-kde.  I'm interested in having kde support
alternatives to the official kde applications.

I also think that given the evolution of QT that most kde application don't need
to be kde applications.  Or at the very least the core kde libs should be made
cross platform.