List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPIM Workspace
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-10 22:20:27

On Monday 10 June 2002 20:10, André Somers wrote:

> Which brings me to the question: is there a reason why all VCards are
> stored in one file, and not using one file for each contact (with an
> index file maybe)?

There is no real reason other than that it's simpler to write a single
file than one per entry and that an addressbook contained in a single
file is simpler to handle manually.

> My guess is that it would make saving much faster, but it might slow
> down loading. Correct?

It will certainly make saving much faster. I don't think it will
significantly slow down loading.

I think we should think about separating the addressbook into multiple
files. This has some advantages, but on the other hand it's an
implementation detail which should be hidden by the API and at the
moment the priority should be to get the API right.