List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KDE PIM Wrapper
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-06-05 20:54:37

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 18:24, Mike Pilone wrote:
> Yes. There is a project early in development called Kaplan. It currenlty
> depends on the KParts from the other PIM applications which are all still a
> work in progress.
>
> On Wednesday 05 June 2002 11:36 am, Ryan Petrain wrote:
> > Has there been any thought to build a wrapper that encompasses all of the
> > parts of the KDE-PIM group, something more like Evolution,Outlook or
> > Aethera?

There's twister, too, but that may have been abandoned. In principle, it could
be done with KParts and perhaps some more glue code (f.ex., there's not much
point making a KPilot KPart, but you can nab the SyncStack class to do some
syncing, and hopefully KitchenSync will rock for 3.1). Most of the "old
crowd" on -pim (that'd be, um, me & Cornelius & Mirko & D[oa]n) seem to feel
that an all-integrated Outlook like app is a bad idea, and have never really
bothered. Your patch is welcome.

--
KDE on FreeBSD : freebsd.kde.org
KDE with Palm Pilots : www.slac.com/~pilone/kpilot_home