List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Multiple Resources in kabc
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-29 13:44:34

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 09:12 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > Once this is functional, it would be nice to add multiple read
> > resources and a single write resource.
>
> can't distinguish what addressee is from what source. This distinction
> is necessary to save only the addressee entries from write resource.
>
> Any objections against adding
> 	Resource *resource;
> to Addressee::AddresseeData?

I would prefer if we had a unique ID or unique string (much like the
Addressee's uid) for each resource so that we do not have pointers to the
resources all over the application. There is no functional need for the
Addressee (or AddresseeData) to have a pointer to the resource. The
AddressBook can maintain a simple map of uid to resource and look it up as
the addressees are saved.

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.