List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: Nice work (was Re: [Kde-pim] gnomecard vs. kaddressbook (addresseeeditordialog))
From:       André Somers <a.t.somers () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-22 14:16:11

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 14:35, Mike Pilone wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 May 2002 02:28 pm, Don Sanders wrote:
> > The UI improvements I'd like to see are more keyboard accelerators
> > (currently only the address button has one). And for the phone number
> > comboboxes to default to showing phone numbers with values defined.
> >
> > Anyone against those changes being made?
>
> Not at all. I updated the address widget to display the first address that
> has data, and the same should be done for the phone numbers. The
> accelerators are needed but a little tricky, since the strings/labels come
> from kabc and the '&' would need to be injected in at some point. hats the
> only reason they are not done yet. Maybe the label methods in kabc could
> return the string with a '&' already in it or make it a bool param to the
> label function?

Hmmm.... That might pose a problem. How do you ensure that there are no double
accellerators if the labels come from kabc (which has nothing to do with any
UI)? The translators of kabc can't rely on any specific layout of the widgets
in KAddressbook, since the labels might be used elsewhere as well. Can we
invent some algorithm to automaticly assign accellerator keys's, based on the
labels visible on a page at a time? I understand that that could prove
tricky, but assigning them from kabc is just as tricky and would brake the
indepence between kabc and kaddressbook, wich is not desireable I think.

André