List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Distibution List Editor
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-16 10:56:39

Some comments about the new distribution list editor:

- The margin of the distribution list editor widget is too large.
- The arrows between the available and selected contacts consume valuable
space because they cause empty areas above and below them
- I would prefer to have the list of available lists as combo box instead of a
list view because that gives more room for the main activity of the dialog:
editing the entries of the list.
- The frame around the list view of the available lists looks ugly because
there is too much spacing on three of four sides.
- Putting the email addresses as child items of the name in the list view
hides the most important information from the user, because the name has to
be clicked before you get the email addresses.
- Most contacts will only have one email address, so showing name and email in
two columns of the list view is probably more appropriate for this dialog.
- There is no way to select that the default address of a contact should be
used. If the default address of a contact is changed the list shouldn't have
to be edited.
- I think the concept to move entries with the arrows from one list to the
other is confusing. The only list which is edited is the list of selected
contacts, the list of available contacts actually isn't affected by this. The
GUI does not represent what really is happening. Perhaps it would be better
to not remove the contacts from the available list when they are selected but
disable them.

None of these problems was present in the old editor widget. I don't really
understand what was the reason to make a new widget.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher.kde.org>