List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Say hello and a proposal...
From:       Carlos Moro <cfmoro () correo ! uniovi ! es>
Date:       2002-02-25 15:07:11

Hi

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 01:39:56PM +0000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> Sounds like TAI to me. I use this class for some personal stuff...

I didn't know TAI, but I'm looking at it. I've downloaded libtai-0.60.tar.gz . I \
agree, it will be very nice that base class were some implementation of TAI, as it is \
an international time standard.

So, maybe could be this a start point?

	1. Writing an implementation of the base class, for example, KTAIDate, as TAI plus \
the desired interface we'd like the calendar-specific date classes to implement, \
suitable for calendar widget and so...  2. When ready, writing a couple of \
                specific-date classes, as KGregorianDate and KHijriDate.
		.For KGregorianDate, it doesn't seem too dificult, becouse the code in libtai is \
                public domain so it would be easy to wite a custom implementation.
		.For KHijriDate, i have written some stuff following hdate package routines

--

				Carlos Fernández Moro
				Departamento de Morfología y Biología Celular