List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Say hello and a proposal...
From:       Carlos Moro <cfmoro () correo ! uniovi ! es>
Date:       2002-02-25 14:15:32

Hi

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:32:54PM +0000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> How many calendar types are in use in the world ? If there are only 2
> or 3, perhaps it would be easiest to simply provide conversions, rather
> than using an abstract calendar and deriving from it ?

  I don't know how many calendars are in use nowadays... I've found a web where some \
are listed, although i don't think all are in use today... \
http://www.dailyglobe.com/caltype.html

  The idea is using not an abstract calendar but an abstract class Date and \
calendar-specific date classes inherited, like GregorianDate, HijriDate, \
JulianDate... Displayed by only one calendar class, the actual one, which instead of \
taking the data from QDate,  might take data from our new date classes through its \
base class, Date (thanks to polymorfism). In that way, we'd have a clean design and \
adding new caledar-type-dates would be easy..

> I'm no date guru :)

  I'm not at all ;)

--

				Carlos Fernández Moro
				Departamento de Morfología y Biología Celular