List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Last Try
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-02-24 20:30:10

On Sunday 24 February 2002 16:10, you wrote:
> I installed KPilot 4.2.3 and pilot-link 0.9.5 and Korganizer 2.2.1 with the
> following results:
>
> Hotsyncing my Palm V (serial) with the internal KPilot-Memo and
> -Adressdatabase is possible. Hotsyncing the Todo-List with the
> Korganizer-Todos also works, but Syncing the Calendar doesnt work. I dont
> have any Events in the KOrganizer-Calendar and want to transfer all
> Palm-Events to Korganizer. If I have the KPilot-Option "Local deleted items
> will also deleted on Palm" activated, KPilot delets all my Calendar-data.
> If I disable it, the Palm-Events arent transfered to Korganizer.

The vcal-conduit in 4.2.3 is broken. If it doesn't work for you, don't use
it. I hope that 4.3.0 -- when it comes out -- will finally fix those problems.

> The other Problem is, that the Palm is resetted after every Hotsync after
> "cleaning up". Sometimes it hangs at the "cleaning up"-Screen. Do you know
> how to change it?

No idea. It doesn't happen with my PalmV (serial), but then again I don't
think I've used KPilot 4.2.3 for a long time [just out of curiosity, does
SuSE turn on DevFS? Is there a pilotListener process running?]

> PS: Like anybody wrote on the list, syncing only is possible when first
> clicking the hotsyncbutton in KPilot and after that pressing the
> hotsync-button on the cradle. When just pressing the cradle-button, it
> doesnt work.

Indicates a broken pilotListener, I think. Again, wait until 4.3.0 and things
might be better.