List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kadressbook problems
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 20:19:44

On Thursday 31 January 2002 18:45, Regnat Nikolaus wrote:
> I'm using (ahem, would like to use) kadressbook (Version 1.0). If I
> export a list, it is not possible to import the list again.
> The import Text file is very confusing (ok, it was obviously designed
> to import non-native files) and does not work at all (nothing is
> imported).
>
> Am I to dumb to use this import feature or is it broken?

Hmm, it sort of works for me, but there seem to be a couple of bugs.
What you have to do in the import dialog is to assign fields to
columns. You do this by selecting a field and a column and then press
"Assign to Column". Do this for all fields and press ok. The addresses
get imported.

> P.S. A native file format (or any format already in existence) would
> be great and would allow an easy import of saved lists - anything
> planned?

I don't understand why you would import data exported from
KAddressbook. There is a native format, vCard. Just have a look at the
file std.vcf in your $KDEHOME/share/apps/kabc directory.