List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilot GUI - View menu ./. icons
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-30 10:01:30

On 29 Jan 2002, Martin Junius wrote:
> The new kpilot GUI offers both my old "View" menu and the icons from
> the KJanusWidget to select the currently displayed component. With the
> new GUI, the "View" menu is kinda superfluous.

One complain David had was that the "View" menu was somewhat
counter-intuitive. Why should *that* select different viewers?

> Shall we keep the "View" menu? What do you think?

I think get rid of it. Perhaps KPilto should become just a viewer
(address, memo, perhaps general db vierer as well) with the daemon doing
all the configuration and logwindow handling. Or the daemon could become a
GUI-less DCOP-only thing, with KPilot handling all the gui stuff. The
current schizoid split is weird.