List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kpilot + devfs
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-25 19:21:34

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 23:21, David Bishop wrote:
> I just switched to devfs, and now can't get my handspring to sync :-)  The
> first problem, is that I cannot list out the true device name in the config
> dialog. It doesn't seem to have enough space to put /dev/usb/tts/0 (it
> chops the 0), so I had to symlink /dev/pilot to the right one.  (On an

In particular, among the debugging output (you *may* need to recompile KPilot
with CFLAGS="-DDEBUG -DDEBUG_CERR" to get debugging output at all, depending
again on your kdelibs install), look for a line like

reloadSettings: Resetting with device /dev/cuaa0 and type Serial

which ought to reflect what you set in the config dialog.

Next, if you're feeling lucky or C++y, look in lib/kpilotlink.cc and change

	if (isTransient())
	{
		if (!QFile::exists(fPilotPath))
		{
			return;
		}
	}

(lines 156-163) to

	if (isTransient())
	{
		if (!QFile::exists(fPilotPath))
		{
			if (QFile::exists(fPilotPath))
			{
				kdWarning() << k_kuncinfo
					<< ": QFile::exists seems to create device node."
					<< endl;
			}
			return;
		}
	}

See the extra ::exists() test? You never know ...