List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kab -> kabc
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-24 21:44:32

On Thursday 24 January 2002 21:54, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Thursday January 24, 2002 12:50, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > I wouldn't mind to add support for whatever you need so that it can
> > be used for updating the addressbook as well though. Just let me
> > know what is missing.
>
> remove the requirement that the files processed be config files.
> Currently kconf_update's pre and post processing of the scripts seems
> to require that the processed files be KConfig files.
>
> A rawscript= alternate option (better names welcome) that pipes the
> source to the destination without any additional processing would
> solve this.
>
> thanks for the great tool by the way,

It's a great tool for updating config files, but I don't see why we
should use it in this case. We already have a tool to convert the
addressbooks and we just have to start it at the first KDE 3 login of a
user. The autostart desktop file method seems to be perfect for that. I
don't see any disadvantages.