List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] synching framework in kde
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-24 8:57:33

On Thursday 24 January 2002 09:00, Maarten Stolte wrote:

> KitchenSync could imho be a central place connecting 'things',
> everything from a palm to kmail, to .Net's MyFavoriteSites(?) to
> Konqueror's bookmark manager. These connections should come as plugins,
> from Thingie 1 to KitchenSynch, and from KitchenSynch to Thingie 3.
> This would mean you'd have input and output plugins, which would enable
> connectors to be added much faster.

This is exactly what I have in mind when talking about KitchenSync. I hope we
all agree on that.

What I just realized is that you found the name for the KitchenSync plugins:
Connectors. Holger, I think libkunit should be called libkconnector (or
libkonnector if you want to go with the old KDE naming scheme).

> I for one would also love if these plugins would support scripting
> languages like perl/python etc, since i'm not much of a C++ coder..

That's an interesting idea. Let's think about that again, when we have a
framework for C++ plugins.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher.kde.org>