List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Qt version problem
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-16 12:54:17

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Simon Richards wrote:
> find finds the following:
>
>    /usr/lib/qt/lib/libqt.so
>    /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib/libqt.so
>    /usr/lib/libqt.so

OK, in all likelihood it's finding /usr/lib/libqt.so before any other ones
(I'm not a search-path guru). That'd be the qt1 library.

> 'nm /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so | grep shared_null' returns:
>
>     00483ea4 D _7QString.shared_null

OK, so that's definitely (1) a library (2) a qt library. I dunno if this
proves it's qt 2.whatnot.

> I have upgraded to gcc-3.0.1 recently, but I have just
> tried aliasing gcc back to gcc-2.95.3 but still get the
> same problem.

Changing g++ versions means you need to recompile *everything* that is C++
on your system, since name-mangling (and other things) have changed. So
you'd need to rebuild libqt to be able to compile and link against it with
gcc 3.0.1.

> I can't think of anything else I would have built recently
> using Qt, so I don't know if the problem is limited to
> kdepim. Is there a binary distribution of kdepim for SuSE
> by any chance?

But of course! Check out the SuSE site for that. Probably you can just get
binary packages for all of KDE 2.2.2 from there.