List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] KPilot versions &c
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-31 14:16:51

[CC to kde-pim for archival purposes; Daniel is the maintainer for the
Debian KDE packages. If there's RH / Mdk packagers lurking, take note as
well.]

Hi Daniel,

All the parts of KPilot in HEAD now function just as well as the
KDE_2_2_BRANCH version does -- that is to say, the todo conduit is weird,
and the vcal conduit corrupts KOrganizer's files. There may be some new
bugs or fixes in there. I just ran a sync on my V and at least it didn't
corrupt anything on it.

The next few days may see small improvements, but since I'm back to work
in the new year the ChangeLog may not grow as fast as it has the past
three days.

So I guess the ball is in your court -- you can go with the KDE_2_2_BRANCH
KPilot which I haven't touched for months and which has all the bugs
you've forwarded to me, or you can go with the relatively new and untried
HEAD version of KPilot. Personally I'd prefer you to go with HEAD, since
then I can (finally) get some feedback on its functionality and it doesn't
seem any buggier than 2_2_BRANCH -- to me, at least.

[ade]