List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot Developer's notes for December 27th
From:       David Bishop <david () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-12-30 5:35:42

On Thursday 27 December 2001 07:01 am, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> [Two sets of notes follow, plus a repeat of the odd-jobs CFA]
>
> KPilot Developer's notes for december 27th 2001
>
> So I never posted the previous notes. And besides Maarten's little comment
> on the odd jobs, no response either --- but then again, it was Xmas and
> maybe people had more important things to do. I know I had enough dinners
> that I can fast & hack for the rest of the week.

I've been out of town quite a bit lately, but it looks like I'll have plenty
of time to work on this all next week.  My boss is gone, Monday through
Friday! Whopee! ;-)

> Yet another odd job: someone (David?) needs to check all the ToolTips
> in the .ui files for the conduits with Qt *2*'s designer. And we need
> to check that all the configurations are in fact saved properly. Testers?

Consider this job taken.  Menial jobs that require no skills are right up my
alley B-)

> In these complex modern final days, (to quote Pogo), what's up?

I didn't know anybody else quoted Pogo.  *Now* what am I going to use for
obscure reference material?

> The bad conduits:
>
> * conduits/popmail/*
>   - Still no .ui file and not many tooltips, but you *can* configure
>   this conduit. No sync though.

I'll try and get this done as well.  I swear I have a copy of a mostly
working .ui around here somewhere.....

> * conduits/todoconduit/
>   - This one is seriously deprecated and I'll try to remove it soon.

Is it going to be replaced, rewritten, or removed?

> * conduits/vcalconduit/*
>   - It's got a .ui file which is used badly and which is missing layouts.
>   Not a hint of saving configurations though.

I'll also try and tackle this.  So far, I'm up to Wednesday ;-)

> OPEN JOBS:
>
> Are you bored? Is your love life lackluster? Do you want to MAKE MONEY
> FAST? Do you want to FIND OUT WHAT MICROSOFT DOESNT WANT YOU to KNOW? ...
> um ... back to reality: If you'd like to help out with KPilot but don't
> really know where to start, and would like to get a little acquainted with
> the code, the coding style, and some of the conventions used in KPilot,
> read on! If you have grep and a text editor, read on!

Darn, no real text editor on this machine, just emacs.  *rimshot*  Heh, if I
get some spare time this next week after goofing off and playing
hide-and-go-seek in the cubicle aisles, I'll go through these B-)

Happy Holidays, and to all a good night!

- --
D.A.Bishop