List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] was: KSharedFile
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-12-12 17:23:19

Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2001 12:57 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2001 11:37 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> > KitchenSync will provide a framework for syncing mobile devices with
> > the various desktop apps. It will take care of things like handling
> > access to communication ports and providing interfaces for device- or
> > app-specific conduits.
>
> But "mobile devices" can be anything, I hope? E.g. a remote computer, not
> necessarily mobile ;)
Yes everything you write aplugin for :) KitchenSync will be just a tool for
coordinating the work :)

> E.g. you might want to sync your bookmarks, mails or even some directory
> with different computers (home/work/laptop for example).
Yes, this was in my mind too. You need a Datatype plugin which can be shared
between more device plugins and one device plugin for every device.
My main goal was to create a system for syncing which can be extendable.
Holger

PS: Carsten have nice holidays :)