List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] was: KSharedFile
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-12-11 8:26:44

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2001 00:40 schrieb Ingo Assenmacher:
Hi,
Cornelius and me are currently implementing KSharedFile/KLockFile. It worked
in kabc and the code what I've written passes my small tests. If this api you
get signalized if the file was locked and unlocked(not that reliable ) and if
a file was changed. It's lightweight.
The only thing left is the decision if we want to save and write methods and
or QFile* file() methods or leave the whole thing to the app.
What will happen if I don't want to use a CalendarObj? But say kabc data?
Will there be one Data Obj for every possible data around? Ok the backend
stuff seems interesting like the new ReiserFS with database capabilities. But
do you want to write the Database Object?
Wait for the next draft of KitchenSync. It's addressing syncing in general
even with remote files.

regards Holger