List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] kaddressbook patch
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-04 12:12:33

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 20:45, Eduardo Dominguez wrote:
> this patch is against kde 2.2.2...
> it adds a function to kaddresbook called getNameByPhone() and a dcop
> interface for it.
> This is my first attempt at doing such a thing and I think it went
> ok.

I have applied your patch to the HEAD branch, thanks.

> Comments are appreciated.

First, you shouldn't use tabs, when the file you modify does not use tabs.

Second, your patch does not work, if the phone number is used more than once
in the addressbook. In some organizations, it's quite common that phones are
shared.

Third, I doubt that it is the right way to get this information by a DCOP
call to kaddressbook. It would be better to get it directly from the KDE
addressbook, then there is no dependency on a particular client running.

I don't think that the additional function does any harm, so I think it makes
sense to add it. Perhaps this motivates you to work on an even better
solution ;-)

> Any comments, please reply directly as I am not subscribed.

You should subscribe to kde-pim, if you work on kaddressbook.