List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Minimum requirements to make a QT app into a KDE app?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-31 12:00:44

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Bryan Brunton wrote:
> I am using QT 3 and its database support to write an Outlook style
> contact/task/calendar management tool.  This application will be
> multiuser and support PostgreSQL or a local ODBC database.  I have
> progressed fairly well and I have basic task and contact management
> working.  I'd like to make a KDE version of this application.

Hi Bryan,

Consider that your application is competing with KAddressbook and
KOrganizer. Therefore some compatibility is essential. In particular there
are applications that rely on the existence of the DCOP interfaces of
KAddressbook and KOrganizer for their operation. Take them into account.

Oh, and your screenshot suggests that a person can only have about 4 phone
numbers, one for each of home work fax and mobile. That's a bit of a
limitation.

Other than that, you've already heard of all kinds of suggestions for what
to watch for. There's a checklist, available from developer.kde.org, of
what you should have ready for making something a KDE app.