List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] Problem with KOrganizer, iCalendar and time zones
From:       David Eriksson <david () 2good ! nu>
Date:       2001-10-31 9:56:24

Hi all!

I am working with reading Calendar data on my iPAQ and creating an
iCalendar file from that data. I subsequently load this file into
Konqueror.

My problem is that Konqueror ignores the timezone completly. I use KDE
2.2.1 so I don't know if this may have been fixed later.

It doesn't matter if I write like this:

DTSTART
 :20010805T093000Z

Or like this:

DTSTART
 ;TZID=UTC
 :20010805T093000Z

Konqueror interprets and saves it like this:

DTSTART
 :20010805T093000

It doesn't matter what my timezone is set to in the Konqueror
configuration.

My system:
==========

KDE Version
2.2.1 (KDE 2.2.1) (Debian Package 4:2.2.1-14 (testing/unstable))

Application
KOrganizer - Organizer

Operating System
Linux (i686) release 2.4.9

Compiler
gcc version 2.95.4 20011006 (Debian prerelease)

Regards,

- -\- David Eriksson -/-

"An expert in a particular computer language is really an expert
in the work-arounds necessary to use this language to perform
useful work." - Richard B. Johnson