List:       kde-pim
Subject:    [Kde-pim] What's the difference between a PilotRecord and a PilotAppCategory?
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-10 20:42:12

Does anyone (Dan?) remember what the difference is? Both seem a lot like a
single Pilot record, since they both have record attributes, and a comment in
PilotAppCategory suggests:

    This field stores the category this record belongs to.  It will be
    whatever the pilot said it was.  Note that if you change the categories
    for the app by calling addCategory or removeCategory in the appInfo_t
    class, these fields will become invalid.

which sounds like a record to me. But then virtual PilotRecord* pack() is
also a member of PilotAppCategory, suggesting that one is the packed
representation of the other. However, I can't make it out. Dan, can you give
a rationale for this, if your memory still works that far back?

[ade]